Anyways, here's a little run down of what we're working on this week.
1. Finding a washer and dryer- we're searching Craigslist for a waster and dryer. A fancy, brand new set is out of our current budget- but that's okay. We're open minded and willing to buy used. So, we're deal hunting online.
2. We bought a bathroom cabinet/sink base thing from Menards on Sunday. My phone camera was acting weird when we were in the store and now the base thing is in Nick's Jeep so you'll have to wait on a picture. We're now searching/researching sinks for the cabinet/base. Did we mention that the master bathroom needs.... well.... a lot of work. Like- the previous owners must have been in the process of updating it and then got foreclosed on. Check it out.
Oh yea, she could use some elbow grease and maybe a working toilet.... ahh- luckily, Nick and I look at this little hiccup and see the potential. I mean really- this space has potential if you let yourself believe it.
Get back to me in 2 months- my opinion about that bathroom might be different then.
3. Finally- we're working with the bank's realstate agent to get a few things finalized prior to closing. We're so close! Unfortunately, he's the worst- he only deals with foreclosures and now I know why. He is very slow about getting back to our realstate agent even when she contacts him multiple times per day. And he will only e-mail her- even when she leaves him a voicemail, says it's urgent, and requests that he calls her back asap. One word, e-mail reply. Lame. Oh well- only two weeks left to interact with him and we'll be home!!
4. Finally, we're busy with the day to day stuff around here. Making dinner, general cleaning, work, and Grad School. Ahhh- grad school - lame but essential. I really enjoy my masters degree program in Gifted and Talented Education- but wish I had a little more time to devote to it. (Don't we all wish we had a little extra time?)
Well, I better finish up the grading that I took a break from about an hour ago. Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment