We've been on a roller coaster ride during the past four days. However, I think we're back in the "happy," "fun," "less stressed" zone again! Here's a fast summary of the past four days: Part of our purchase agreement involved the purchase of appliances for the house, there was discrepancy regarding if we got to pick them or not. At first we were told we would, then we were told we wouldn't be to able, then we were told we could but it had to be a certain brand, then we were told they wouldn't purchase what we had requested. Oh the back and forth! And it doesn't help that the house's real estate agent is really bad about answering the phone calls and e-mails of our real estate agent. Lame....
Well, when the final- "no, they won't purchase the appliances you requested" came back, we were pretty upset. Like, shut the office door because I don't want my students to hear me swearing on the phone upset. It wasn't cool. After some great work from the people on our side (our real estate agent and mortgage agent), the money that was set aside for appliances will now go toward our closing costs and pre-paid expenses! AWESOME! Meaning that when we close on the house, we'll pay about $4000 less than what we would have. AND we can use that money to buy whatever we'd like (we'll buy the appliances and replace the electrical box). So, it's actually a better deal than what we had before. Point for the little guys! This roller coaster ride has amazingly lasted four days... The final little nervous twitch that I am currently experiencing has to do with the exterior and interior painting that had to get done by TOMORROW..... too bad it's supposed to rain and be 45 degrees tomorrow. I guess we will have to put our faith in the process and believe it will all work out. (hello- we know it will- it always does- it's just a nerve wracking time)
Nick and I very randomly stopped by the house on Tuesday to just walk around and look at what will be ours in 11 days. We've gotten really serious about our "to-do" list and it is LONG! We'll post it when we finish it....which may take a little bit of time. Check out the wonderful lilacs that are blooming next to our (future!) deck.
I love them!
I love our new house!
I love my family and friends!
I especially love Nick!
good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment