Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Purchases

This weekend, Nick and I spent some serious time on Craigslist and purchased a 3 yr old washer and dryer and a 4 year old gas cook top!

The washer and dryer are from Whirlpool in their "Cabrio" collection  (whatever that means).  They are "high efficiently" and in great shape!  We're really pumped about saving money and getting a great deal on this set! 


The Bosch cooktop is exactly what we've been looking for!  We're really excited to cook with gas instead of electric.  :)  We envision the cooktop being a part of our future kitchen island like the picture below.  We can't wait!


We also had a great garage sale score!
I bought this day bed for $15.  Note the bungy-cord holding it together at the top. It needed some tlc!  So, my dad and I got to work and took it apart and wood glued it back together.

While working on the day bed, I noticed a logo stamped on the inside.

I had to know more about this Limberts Arts and Craft logo- so I did a little googling. 
Read more here if you're interested to learn more:
http://www.arts-crafts.com/archive/limbert.shtml

We're looking at a day bed that was probably built sometime between 1900 and 1920 in Grand Rapids or Holland, Michigan.


Upon further googling I came across this antique dealer website:


Yes, what you are seeing is the exact same day bed (in mint condition with leather cushions) for $2695.  Can I get a collective, "What!???!!!!???!?!?!?!  Are you kidding me?"

So, yea- what will we do with our antique day bed?  Maybe put it on craigslist, may just keep it in our living room.  Maybe our new house will have some awesome antique furniture in it.  Only time will tell.

Last thing from the weekend- boy were we busy!
Check out the fun fabric that I picked out for pillows in the living room.  I think these will really pop against our black couch.  My mom has been assigned the pillow and curtain sewing job once we move it!  yay for fun fabric and bright colors.


That's all for now.  Lots of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment